Key Drivers of The Policy Includes:
- A focus on sustainable development, which recognizes and accepts that the ecological capital must be protected;
- Screening and categorization of all Bank-financed projects according to their environmental impacts and risks;
- Compliance with the country’s Environmental and Labor laws, regulation and standards;
- Consideration of the various social dimensions in the projects supported, which include poverty reduction, involuntary resettlement and gender;
- Reducing poverty through financial development loans targeted directly towards the creation of productive activities that lead to an improved standard of living;
- Gender analysis which considers the developmental impact on both men and women.